Current Job Openings at THE ICONIC SHOP
THE ICONIC SHOP is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known by connecting 20-35yr old shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC SHOP stands for benchmark-setting experiences for impassioned communities and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 700+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire world to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
- “We Dream Big” – “You will challenge the status quo, bringing passion, innovation and creativity to the wider ICONIC team.
- “We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
- “We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
- “We are Stronger Together” - You will be part of an experienced team working collaboratively to inspire the broader organisation towards a united vision.
About the Buying Department
Buyers at THE ICONIC SHOP have a considerable amount of responsibility and autonomy, in what is often a pressured environment. A Buyer is responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell to a specific customer demographic. Buyers source new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive. By fully understanding their customer demographic’s needs and the eCommerce world of retail, buyers are able to maximize profits and provide a commercially viable range of product.
Actively keeping up-to-date with market trends, quickly reacting to changes in demand and owning your business area – are all key elements of a role in Buying. With a range of opportunities from Buyers Administration, Assistant Buyers, Junior Buyers, Buyers and Head of Department – we are always keen to hear from talented Branded and Product Development Buyers.
About the Role
The key focus of this position is to assist the buying team by providing administrative support relevant to the buying department. This is where your strong computer skills come in. You will be developed to assist in the selection of product and based on your progress, eventually have responsibility for specific product.
What will I be doing?
- Process purchase orders
- Input style codes and distribution templates
- Review and reconcile order confirmations
- Attend showings and assist in the selection of product
- Prepare accurate sales reports
- Assist with analysing range performance
- Maintain data integrity
- Catalogue preparation
- Communicate with suppliers
- Communicate with stores
- Ensure complete and accurate records are maintained
More about you.........
Who We Are Looking For?
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge and intermediate general computer skills
- Relevant buying experience, preferable Menswear but not essential
- Analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- Well-developed time management skills to support senior buyers
- An eye for future trends and the ability to back your judgement
- Strong communication and effective reporting skills
What sets you apart from the rest?
- You're true to your customers and passionate about WOW-ing them every day
- You don’t just deliver what’s expected, you dream big and are obsessed with making improvements
- You simply…....get things done. Enough said.
- You've got your colleagues’ backs because you know that together, we are stronger